I need to laugh a little. I think we all do. So what good jokes have you heard recently?
Use the comments to tell us.
Here are a few I found today, to get you started:
God and the Village Idiot
One day God was hanging out at the Pearly Gates with St. Paul.
"I need to find someone to run for president," he said after a while.
Attentive to his boss' needs, St. Paul started naming off a few qualified candidates.
"Nah, I want that guy," he said pointing to a drunken Texas governor pissing off a balcony.
"You've got to be kidding," said St. Paul, "Not only is he dumber than a box of rocks, he's got drinking and drug problems."
"I don't care," said God, "This is the guy."
Perplexed, St. Paul asked: "What is the problem, Lord, art thou angry with the Americans?"
"No," said God, "I made a bet with the Devil that I could get a village idiot to run for president."
"But won't that work in the Devil's favor, oh Lord?" Paul asked.
"That's all right," said God, "he'll never take Florida"
How the Bushies Change a Light Bulb
How many members of the Bush administration are required to replace the proverbial light bulb?
Are you ready for this?
The Answer is SEVEN:
(1) one to deny that a light bulb needs to be replaced;
(2) one to attack and question the patriotism of anyone who has questions about the light bulb;
(3) one to blame the previous administration for the need of a new light bulb;
(4) one to arrange the invasion of a country rumored to have a secret stockpile of light bulbs;
(5) one to get together with Vice President Cheney and figure out how to pay Halliburton Industries one million dollars for a light bulb;
(6) one to arrange a photo-op session showing Bush changing the light bulb while dressed in a flight suit and wrapped in an American flag;
(7) and finally one to explain to Bush the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.