Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Call the Condom Car! Quick!



Believe it or not, this is possible in Sweden:

From Friday, June 4, amorous couples can call the telephone number 696969 and a white van featuring a large red condom with wings as a logo will deliver them a packet of 10 prophylactics.
"We need to increase the usage of condoms," said Carl Osvald, marketing manager for the Swedish Organization for Sex Education, the non-governmental organization behind the initiative. "It is 50 percent about pregnancy and 50 percent about sexually transmitted diseases
."


That is, of course, in a parallel universe, not the one where I'm sitting and typing away. There are yet other universes, all coexistent on this same earth. Which would be quite funny, if we weren't part of the mess that results from that; you know, the greatest minds of the fourteenth century telling me what my morals should be and so on. I always want to make ugly faces to those minds, but they'd interpret that as me being possessed by Satan. Which is always possible, I guess.

Still, I can't imagine calling for the condom ambulance. Imagine the whole neighborhood standing in their windows staring at a van with a flying condom painted on its side! They'd all KNOW! I have to work more on my Viking courage.


Thanks to Mrs. Jones for the link