Saturday, October 23, 2004

A Dog Story for Saturday

This is a lovely story. A young chocolate Labrador called Marshall was overcome by a kitchen fire while his owners were on vacation. He stopped breathing. But the firefighters found him and saved him by mouth-to-snout resuscitation and by pushing on his chest to restart his heart. Marshall came back to life!
A curmudgeony postscript:
It's not recommended to leave a dog alone like this, however, even if someone looks in ever so often (like in this case). Dogs are pack animals and pine when left alone. Marshall would have been safer and happier in a kennel or in the neighbor's house.