Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Red Sox Again...



Not that I'm so keen to talk about them, although it's great that they won again. I have been working on a post about Eminem and I'm feeling vulnerable and hurt. Still, Red Sox does deserve winning the World Series, and I hope that they do. I have nothing against the Cardinals, but I have something for the Red Sox, and this states it pretty well:

It's a title the city of Boston, the state of Massachusetts and all of New England has lusted after for eight decades, ever since Babe Ruth was traded from the Red Sox to the Yankees. The Yankees have won 26 World Series titles since, the Sox none.


Though I wouldn't have used the term "lusted after" here. Mostly, Red Sox fans have just resigned themselves to not winning. It would be interesting to see how they'd accept victory.