Monday, January 16, 2006

Messages from Martin Luther King




If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive.


It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.


Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.


Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.


Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.


We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.

-----
Selected from this website.