Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Koufax Awards



My last reminder for those of you who would like to vote for this blog in any of the categories it has been nominated for:

Most Deserving of Wider Recognition, Best Writing, Best Blog (nonprofessional) and Best Post (two posts, one at American Street and one here at home).

I experienced an odd reaction while perusing through the voting comments on the Best Writing category. It was very close to despair but with a mixture of joy in it. To be among such good writers made me feel an urgent need to slash my wrists or at least to pack in any attempt to write ever again, but then there was also this unholy joy at being among such great writers. I also felt that I have not really shown what I can do in that field. I'm going to write such stunning posts that my readers will have to run out of the room bawling. Or so my muse tells me when he is sober enough to talk at all.