Given Enough Money And Power, That Is.
Posted by olvlzl.
There is no one in blogging who says more with fewer words than The Good Roger Ailes. There is no one like him for epigrammatic subtlety, at least as far as my blog reading has taken me*.
The two scroungy-bearded faces of Michael Ledeen.
I guess Simone changed her mind about that job of fucking up Tehran.
Mikey better get busy forging more documents if he really wants a new war.
posted by Roger | Comments (2) | 10:41 PM
One post like this can open up a half hour of trying to recall and looking up things half-remembered.
In doing some of this instant research into one of the foremost proponents of war with Iran, Ledeen, isn’t it interesting that for someone who has a lifetime of promoting blood shed, that it was a minor charge of near plagiarism that lost him a job at a university. Though not even that, the only mortal sin in American academia, bothers them at the American Enterprise Institute, the guess pool that is trying to push the escalation* in Iraq against the wishes of 89% of the population. Neither does his saying things like this, from the bio at Wikipedia:
* "the level of casualties (in Iraq) is secondary"
* "we are a warlike people (Americans)...we love war"
* "Change—above all violent change—is the essence of human history"
* "the only way to achieve peace is through total war"
* "The purpose of total war is to permanently force your will onto another people"
* "Every ten years or so, the United States needs to pick up some small crappy little country and throw it against the wall, just to show the world we mean business"
Some start out Lamaze, then go La Leche, but it sounds like Ledeen’s folks were advocates of d’Annunzio in utero
And there is also this:
From the other side of politics, The American Conservative has claimed that Ledeen has strong sympathies for Italian fascism and that "Ledeen’s careful distinction between fascist 'regime' and 'movement' makes him a clear apologist for the latter."
Now where would they ever get an idea like that?
* He’s also great for covering Republican criminality, so unlike the other one.
** We should stop using the war mongers’ words. Those are planned and tested as effective means of lying to the public. It’s a good indication that the Bush War II has been rejected by the American Public that this slogan isn’t working with the great majority of us.