Friday, November 09, 2007

On My Blogiversary






If you go to the archives and read my very first post on this blog you can see how much "Echidne of the snakes" has changed. It has a life of its own now, and most of that is because of you, my dear and smart and kind commenters and readers. So thank you, million times.

I love the blog. True, it is very hard work for me and there will be a time, in not-so-distant future, when I have to stop for money reasons. But despite all that I think I have spent the last four years the right way. No one little blog can do very much, but lots of little blogs together can do a lot! And there will not be "lots" of those blogs if the individual bloggers give up. So I haven't, so far.

And all the friends I have gained during these years! Even those who later disappeared. I worry about them and hope that they are having full and satisfying lives. I have learned much from the comments on the blog, and they fill me with admiration most of the time.

I hope that this blog can be a home away from home, a place where ideas can pop up, be tossed back and forth and, if they are any good, perhaps some of those baby ideas ultimately enter the wider political conversations. Even if they don't the silence has been broken. That is very important.

Hugs to all of you. May you never lack bread to eat and someone to love.
----
Now returning to your regularly scheduled broadcasts.