Monday, November 10, 2008

Five Years



Tomorrow will be the fifth anniversary of this blog. It's pretty astonishing. I hope the blog managed to work a teeny-weeny bit to help the election victory last week. I have no idea if it did or not, but it's nice to think so.

Anniversaries and birthdays are always a time for me to think about where I've been and where I'm going, and this one is no exception. The world is going to be a little different now and its needs and demands are also going to be different. So what would you suggest I should do with this blog? I have now a great team (of unpaid writers) and perhaps we could go towards some sort of a larger site, with proper technology and chat groups and such? A real team blog. Of course it would have to be organized by someone else than me, because I know where my strengths and weaknesses lie. My strength is to cling to one point like a limpet. If limpets cling to one point.

I was reading Joanna Russ's The Two of Them (much recommended, by the way), and something a character said in the book made my inner bell toll. She was offered a way out from a horrible situation but she refused to leave because that would mean "leaving her dreaming behind". There goes the limpet! Or doesn't go, as the case might be.

This is not the proper anniversary post, by the way. That will be tomorrow. I'm gonna try to make a great effort to stay perky and positive and happy all of tomorrow! Yes, indeedy.