Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An out of order introduction (by Prometheus 6)

Hi. I'm Earl Dunovant...never mind the brand name in the title, everyone who reads my site knows who I am. I don't expect you good folk to know me, though, so though my first post was promised for Monday I thought I'd bust in and give you a handle by which to grasp whatever it is I wind up doing.

No, I am not at all clear what I will be writing for you at this point. I'm not a feminist, though I tend to fall on what you'd consider the correct side of things by being honest. I'm a Black partisan with a particular lens on history and current events. Part of my intent is to make the world I see through that lens understandable; that requires me to understand at least the framework in which folks are operating. Having never operated in a feminist framework, I would get the most personal value out of getting to understand what you all think that framework is. For that, though, I would probably do better reading around the site than trying to inspire some conversation that will reveal all.

So I'm going to do that for the rest of the week. What would help is if folks could drop a couple of links to the fundamentals into the comments. Also, it you got topics you think a Black partisan, conscious but otherwise fairly typical guy ought to address, I'd like to know about them, too.

Thanks.