Thursday, December 24, 2009

Revisiting Misogyny



Not that I especially want to and not that it wouldn't be one of the main topics of this blog. But it might be worthwhile to put a few posts together on this topic, from my older ones. (Did I really write better three years ago? So sad.) I once wrote a book review on this topic but Blogger archives don't go that far. Instead of that piece, I found these two which might be of interest to you:

First, this post goes off on all types of tangents on the bitter fruits of misogyny. Second, this post talks a little about the attractions of fundamentalism of all types for women in a misogynistic culture. It's as if those strict tenets might somehow offer you a safe cage rather than the alternative of flying around above the arrows. Of course those safe cages are not safe.
--------
Posted earlier.